[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with Httpd Sample

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue May 9 10:43:43 CEST 2006

Hello Tolga,

At 19:33 08.05.2006 +0300, you wrote:

>In "make all" it gives warning as below :
>httpserv.c:341: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target
>type

You can safely ignore this. It appeared after we upgraded to
newer versions of GCC and nobody fixed this so far.

>Also "make burn" is not working properly. In output there is so many timeout
>messages. I think there is a problem. I attached the outputs of "make all"
>and "make burn".

No timeouts should appear.

Possibly a problem with the serial port of your PC. If
you're using an USB adapter, try a different one. Or
try a different PC (some of them seem to have problems
with losing characters like one of my Asus boards).
If all this doesn't help, you may contact egnite for
replacing the SP Duo.

Ah yes, and also try another serial cable.

>I found the version of SP Duo as written in documentation. Its version is
>2.1. Do i have to change something? And also i didn't install avrdude 5.0.
>Do i have to install it?

You can set the PATH environment and try
   avrdude -v
on the command line. But obviously the avrdude installed with
WinAVR or Nut/OS is 5.0. Otherwise it won't understand the
option '-c stk500v2'.

>Also I can't find "Generate Build Tree" in Build menu as written in Ethernut
>Software Manual.

Creating and building the tree had been combined into a
single step. That's why two message boxes appear now
when rebuilding the system.