[En-Nut-Discussion] Graphical LCD

Piotr Reiter p.reiter at elmech.pl
Thu May 18 19:21:29 CEST 2006

Tolga Onbay napisał(a):
> Hello,
>
> I'm going to add an LCD display(128x64) to Ethernut 1.3G. And I want
> to use
> it as stdout. Do i have to write a new driver or modify hd44780.c?
> Which one
> is suitable (both efficiency and difficulty)?

Hi,

Unless I worked with totally different 128x64 graphical LCD panet than
you are about to,
I can tell that it is in almost no way similar to the hd44780 text mode LCD.

I suggest some exercise with software lcd simulator before writing the
driver at:
http://www.geo-cities.com/dinceraydin/djgfxlcdsim/djgfxlcdsim.html
(remove - between geo and cities because "Links to geocities are considered spam")

It is quite good and complete.

Peter