[En-Nut-Discussion] EtherNut 3.0

Sidney Cadot sidney at jigsaw.nl
Tue May 30 23:35:58 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of sustained
bandwidth the EtherNut 3 can do over Ethernet, using a TCP connection
(assuming a receiver that is able to keep up). I would like to be
able to buy one, but this particular number is important for my
application.

Ideally, I would like a sustained bandwidth of 5 Mbytes/second or
better, outgoing w.r.t. the EtherNut. What will this mean in terms of
processor load?

I would also like to know about incoming traffic.

Furthermore, I would like to be able to have the datastream going for
days or even weeks - is the EtherNut and its OS stable enough for
that kind of thing?

My application is a hobby project where lots of data need to be moved
into / out of an FPGA. I plan to hook up the FPGA development board
to the EtherNut via the expansion bus. The EtherNut will initially
act as a bridge between the FPGA and a PC, but I would love to
offload some initial processing onto the EtherNut's processor.

Best regards,

   Sidney Cadot