[En-Nut-Discussion] Restart secific thread

Lorenzo Lombardo lorenzo.lombardo at satbn.com
Thu Nov 2 10:09:50 CET 2006

Hi,
if your thread reach the end, there's no way to restart it (as far as I
know). You can recreate it, but this will mess up a few things considering
that the resources of the previous thread are not freed.
I use this code to lunch the thread every time I want:

First declare an handle:

HANDLE startExample;

Then here's the thread:

THREAD (example, arg)
{
    while(1)
    {
        // wait for the event to be posted
        NutEventWait(&startExample, NUT_WAIT_INFINITE);

        <code>

    }
}

When you want to lunch the thread, call:

NutEventPost(&startExample);

This work fine for me. If anyone have a better solution, he's welcome.

Regards,
    Lorenzo