[En-Nut-Discussion] lvttl and ttl

Dave Warren dwarren at luescher.com
Thu Nov 2 12:10:05 CET 2006

Just my view, I like you am using SAM7X.

Most poeple would not use any level shifting, almost all 5V logic uses TTL
levels, for them driving from 3.3V works just fine. If you want to use CMOS
logic gates select 74HCT with TTL levels rather than 74HC or 40xx types. If
you want to drive a 3.3V device from 5V and it is not tolerant of 5V then
use zero delay bus switches, they are bidirectional. Pericom make them, also
Fairchild.

Best regards

Dave