[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut Bootloader Help

Tim DeBaillie debaillie at ciholas.com
Fri Nov 3 16:21:03 CET 2006

As previously stated, I am working on an ethernut ethernet based
bootloader for the AT91SAM7X256.  I have a basic bootloader with TFTP
download working.  The only thing I don't have working is the proper
target.

The problem is that the target has to be an ethernut target that doesn't
include the "bad" init stuff.  By "bad" I mean stuff like resetting the
PLL or the Program Counter, or the interrupt vectors, etc.

I believe the files that I need to modify are:

/nut/arch/arm/init/crtat91sam7x_rom.S
  ~ basic startup code for linker, need to remove "bad" stuff
/nut/arch/arm/ldscripts/at91sam7x256_rom.ld
  ~ linker script, needs correct memory offset
/nut/arch/arm/dev/at91_efc.c
  ~ need to move config space offset to new location
/nut/arch/arm/os/nutinit.c
  ~ nut initialization code, need to remove "bad" stuff

If there are any other files please let me know.

Also, if anyone can point out the routines ("bad" stuff) that I want to
remove, that would be handy.  Otherwise, I will be working on that while I
await any responses.

Thanks,

Tim