[En-Nut-Discussion] Streaming over internet

Lorenzo Lombardo lorenzo.lombardo at satbn.com
Thu Nov 16 09:35:13 CET 2006

Hi,
buffering for 15 secs is unresoneable, to much time.
Monitoring the used buffer, this is what is going on:

3% [0 - 23286]
6% [0 - 23492]
[Kick player]
0% [2 - 20980]

And it starts over again. Between each buffering there are about 5 seconds
of delay and I check where the used buffer is at least 5% to kick the
player.
Even if I wait 15 seconds, when I kick the player, the music will last only
a few seconds, while the buffering will take a lot of time.
Instead, in the lan enviroment, the music starts after 1 second and the
buffer reach 30% in a bunch of seconds and stabilze at that value.
I have absolutely no clue on which can be the problem...

Regards,

Lorenzo Lombardo
Software Developer
SBN SpA