[En-Nut-Discussion] Settings & Eeprom etc

PragmaLab info at pragmalab.nl
Sun Nov 19 14:42:52 CET 2006

Hello Stephane,

> I have problems to compile it for Ethernut1.3, ( redefinition of
> write_eeprom )
> Is the base address 0x800 right ? Is not 0x100 or 0x200 better ? ( The
> Processor have only 4K mem... )

are you sure that the 'redefinition' is not because of the fact the function
is allready present in the tool-libs (GCC & ICC have them). For ICC they map
to 'EEPROMwrite' etc.

As far as I can see, for Ethernut these functions are only defined in the
sources for Unix and Hitachi (H8300). I suppose you have to use the
configurator to get your own routines in (if that is what you want
ofcourse).

Does anybody suffered from unreliable EEPROM-data when using the basic
read/write functions? In our market we (although very seldom) get devices
back from customers with corrupted EEPROM values. Most common cause for this
would be an unreliable VCC, but I in our case that would be very unlikely.
Might be that unexpected interrupts between step 5 & 6 of the EEPROM-writing
sequence (see page 21 of the Mega128 datasheet) are responsible for
corrupted EEPROM-data, but since these routines are in the library, I did
not have a look at them yet. Anyone wtih simular experiences?

Regards,

Rob van Lieshout