[En-Nut-Discussion] can't ping Ethernut board

Michael Gong mwgong at cs.utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 29 18:08:21 CET 2006

Hi,

I connected the Ethernut board to my PC.

>From the HyperTerminal window, the initialization of Ethernut board
seems fine, because it shows:

"BaseMon 4.1.3
Nut/OS 3.9.5.1 pre
Compiled by AVRGCC for ATmega128
Baudrate select = 23
External RAM Test ... 28416 bytes
Banked RAM Test ... none
Serial FLASH ... 0 bytes
Detecting NIC... RTL8019AS
Testing NIC... OK
I/O Port Test ... IK

Press any of the following keys:
   B - Send broadcasts
   E - Ethernet controller read/write
   J - Jump to bootloader
   S - SRAM read/write
  X - Exist BaseMon, configure network and start WebServer

"
Then I press "X", and select all the default settings, and it is like:

"MAC address (000698010B69):
Host name (ethernut"):
IP address(192.168.0.73):
Net mask(255.255.255.0):
Default route(192.168.0.1):

MAC 00-06-98-01-0B-69
IP      192.168.0.73
Mask 255.255.255.0
Add gateway 192.168.0.1
HTTP server running. URL http://192.168.0.73/
"

However, I can't ping the 192.168.0.73. In a DOS window, I did as
following:

> ping 192.168.0.73

Pinging 192.168.0.73 with 32 bytes of data:

Destination host unreachable.
Destination host unreachable.
Destination host unreachable.
Destination host unreachable.

Ping statics for 192.168.0.73:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

My question is what I should do next ?

I am new to Ethernut , so any advices are appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike