[En-Nut-Discussion] Dream of lammer

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Oct 12 11:37:27 CEST 2006

Bino,

Nut/OS will run on any ATmega128 based board, but network
connectivity (PPP or Ethernet) would require more RAM than
the internal 4k.

Nothing special is required to exclude Ethernet support.
If you do not register and Ethernet driver, no Ethernet
driver code is included. However, the Ethernet driver is
quite small compared to PPP support.

Nut/OS provides PPP client mode only. This means, it
can call out but is not able to accept incoming PPP
connections. Implementing a PPP server is possible,
but probably not trivial.

Harald