[En-Nut-Discussion] Stack Size

Tim DeBaillie debaillie at ciholas.com
Thu Sep 7 22:11:40 CEST 2006

Ethernut 4.1.9 rc
AT91SAM7X256

I guess I am confused on the stack size.  I have a program that is running
out of space, but if I check the memory that is left, I have over 45KB (of
64KB) left.  This would leave me to believe that the stack is getting
filled.

Is the stack not allocated from RAM?

If so, is there a way to increase the total amount of RAM to use for the
stack or to increase the total stack size?

I see that I can change the main and idle thread stack sizes in the
Configurator, but how does that affect my available stack size?

Also is it wise to turn down the idle thread stack size?

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim DeBaillie			812-476-2721 x102