[En-Nut-Discussion] Stack Size

Tim DeBaillie debaillie at ciholas.com
Fri Sep 8 16:12:00 CEST 2006

Harald,

Thanks for the help.  I fixed my problem.  It was one threads stack size.
Now I have a similar question.

This is the basic layout of my program thus far:

src->dest[xxx] indicates new thread "dest" with stack size [xxx] created
by "src" thread

idle->main[default] (os starts)
main->dhcp[default(512)] (dhcp starts)
main->rs232[512] (console thread, shell like)
main->telnetd[256] ("telnet daemon" thread, sets up telnet connections)
telnetd->telnet[1024] (individual telnet connections, shell like)

OK, I am able to type at the serial connection in thread "rs232" without
any trouble.  Commands return successfully.

I am also able to type at the telnet connections in the threads "telnet"
without any trouble.

The question is that I can only make 5 telnet connections.  The sixth
always fails creating a stream (which is a pointer from the telnetd
thread).  I read somewhere that this is limited by the stack size, but I
tried several different stack sizes for TCP Machine Stack Size, telnetd
Stack Size, and telnet Stack Size with no difference.

So where am I being limited to 5 connections?

--
Tim DeBaillie			812-476-2721 x102
Ciholas Technologies		812-476-2881
255 South Garvin St.		debaillie at ciholas.com