[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: heap conflict: allocating a node in threadstacks

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat Sep 9 10:19:16 CEST 2006

Rob,

At 23:58 08.09.2006 +0200, you wrote:

>Should I look for some other routine(s) to be shure
>NutOS routines are used iso ICC-routines?

None of the ICC supplied free and malloc should appear.
That should make sure that there is no interference.

>To be sure, can you confirm that normally the heapmanager should be aware of
>the previously allocated stacks on the heap and therefor should not place
>nodes in the range of those stacks?

Confirmed. The AT91CAN uses a special heap, but all other
CPUs do not distinguish between stack and other allocations.

Finally it could be a simple bad pointer or buffer overflow
problem. Very difficult to locate, because any change in the
code makes the trouble appear somewhere else.