[En-Nut-Discussion] How to add things

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 11 16:28:31 CEST 2006

Hello,

the Olimex SAM7-EX256 needs at least 2 things handled different than the
AT91SAM7X-EK:

The Ethernet MAC needs a different Power Down Polarity

The SAM7-EX256 has a UDP-PUP Pin to pull up the USB port to request
enumeration. When not used (when USB is not initialized), it should be
pulled low, or otherwise errors like
kernel: usb 5-4.3: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 57
kernel: usb 5-4.3: device not accepting address 57, error -32
kernel: usb 5-4.3: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 58
kernel: usb 5-4.3: device not accepting address 58, error -32
are generated.

For the EMAC PD pin, we already have PHY_PWRDN_BIT defined, also only local
to arch/arm/dev/at91_emac.c. Now we need something like PHY_PWRDN_POL.

Shouldn't these definition go better into include/cfg/ in files named
something like sam7-ex256.h and at91sam7x-ek.h? Are Olimex SAM7-EX256 and
AT91SAM7X-EK different platforms in the sense of the configurator or would
these be only additional defines?

Comments/help welcome
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de