[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems with UART.c and _read()

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Sep 14 09:37:06 CEST 2006

Jason,

At 11:29 13.09.2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Harald/Discussion,
>
>Is there a particular "Hyperterninal" setup that is prefered.  I'm
>attempting the rs232d project now with similar results.  The data pushed
>from the telnet session displays perfectly on the Hyperterminal (UART
>Output); but when a response character is sent back to the UART, the telnet
>session fills up with random, non-ascii characters.

If random characters appear, you probably did not set 115200,8,n,1.

I'm not too familiar with Hyperterm, but this may help:

- Disconnect the serial cable from Ethernut
- Short pin 2 and 3 of the serial cable
- Type characters into the Hypertem window
- Press Enter

All typed characters should be displayed once only.
Pressing enter should place the cursor on the beginning
of the same line (NOT the next line).