[En-Nut-Discussion] NutRegisterDevice Lockup

Tim DeBaillie debaillie at ciholas.com
Mon Sep 25 21:49:32 CEST 2006

Using AT91SAM7X256-EK with Ethernut 4.1.9 rc.

I need to attempt DHCP and then fall back to a static address if no DHCP
response.  I have configured this as requested from the API.  The whole
program locks if you try to register the ethernet device and there is no
cable in the port.

This is bad news.  If an ethernet cable gets cut and the device is
restarted, then it will stall until the device is back on the network.

Is there anyway to prevent this without rewriting NutRegisterDevice() or
it's subroutines or the Ethernet driver?

Tim