[En-Nut-Discussion] NutHeapAvailable() question

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Sep 28 09:26:54 CEST 2006

Alexander,

At 15:02 27.09.2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Harald.
>But I don't use variable with name 'available'. How can your 'available'
>interfere me? Maybe I use wrong format string - %u for size_t?

size_t is indeed unsigned. But a signed value of -1830 would result
in an unsigned of 63706, which is too large for the AVR platform.

However, if you're referring to ARM, then size_t is an unsigned
long.

I don't think that there is any possibility to get negative values
from NutHeapAvailable() other than memory corruption.