[En-Nut-Discussion] Reloaded

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Apr 4 10:35:45 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I haven't been active here for some time. During the last months my
company was extremely busy with several tasks.

Some of you noticed, that egnite's online shop is down since January,
because we have absolutely no time to fix several problems that occurred
after adapting it to the German VAT change. If you can't wait another
month or so until it's up again, you are welcome to order by email or
FAX (or by phone, but be aware that not all people at egnite are able to
speak English). Btw. never ever send credit card information by email.
This is very dangerous.

Nevertheless, we managed to get several things done. One of the most
interesting tasks was the SAM Internet Radio.
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/sam-web-radio.html
We hope, that Atmel will publish the related application note soon.

After being able to spend more time for Ethernut, I finished a new
document yesterday.
http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut3/appflash.html
It explains how to get you application code into the Ethernut 3 flash
memory chip.

Niels got the new Medianut 2 Board ready. It's an amazing piece of
hardware, which supports the 5V Ethernuts 1 and 2 as well as the 3V
Ethernut 3 and uses a switching regulator for its power supply. The
on-board ATmega168 takes care of the LCD, keyboard or remote control
(latter not yet done). We produced a few with the VS1011E decoder, but
other chips from VLSI like the VS1033 are supported as well. As usual,
we will provide all hardware and software under BSD license. Please
allow a few more days to publish the documents.

Michael integrated the Turtelizer 2 (ARM programming and debugging
adapter) into the OpenOCD part of the YAGARTO toolchain
http://www.yagarto.de/
egnite already produced a few hundred, but I'm still struggling with the
integration into the Nut/OS release.

I will probably not be able to walk down the list of messages posted to
this forum during the last weeks. I'm most happy to see, that many
helpful people like Ole, Ernst, Ralph, Alexander, Douglas, Tim, Przemek,
Matthias, José, Michael and many others (I probably forgot _you_) jumped
in to help with Ethernut problems. If you think, that I overlooked a
most important bug fix or request for comment, please send a reminder to
my private email address. (Please do _not_ send tons of non-working code
for debugging. I'm still a bit short of time, actually.)

Thanks,