[En-Nut-Discussion] power optimizations in idle thread

Henrik Maier hmlists at focus-sw.com
Fri Apr 13 02:13:12 CEST 2007

I don't think SLEEP_MODE_ADC would make sense in the idle thread. It would
be used in the ADC driver were you make a conversion and want to reduce
noise by going sleeping.

Based on this assumption I think it is reasonable safe to turn off the ADC
when going sleeping in idle.

If you want to give people ultimate flexibility I suggest to have all of
your enhancements configurable (enable/disable) with the Nut/OS
configurator. That way you have the enhancements available for the BTNut but
the logic and code size (even if it's only a few bytes) for existing users
stays the same.

With Nut/OS growing at constant pace the size of the standard libraries is
also growing. We should try to keep Nut/OS still usable with a reasonable
kernel code size and only compile-in the features needed.

Henrik
http://www.proconx.com