[En-Nut-Discussion] eboot - bootloader under 4k

Przemyslaw Rudy prudy at audiotech.pl
Thu Apr 26 09:49:54 CEST 2007

Hi,

By any chance, didn’t you hit the same problem as I did with the serial
bootloader ([En-Nut-Discussion] xnutboot entry point” from 2007.02.27)?
If so, it is the linking order problem, where the ‘main’ object must be
first on the linker list – just simple fix in the makefile.

Regards
Przemek

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> Hmmm I wasn't aware of different main() initialization from gcc 4.1.
> Can we work around this? Does the unchanged eboot works with this
> compiler?
>
> On 4/25/07, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
>> It fits in 2k words, but doesn't work here on Ethernut 1.3 Rev-H using
>> avr-gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 (WinAVR 20070122).
>>
>> I assume that this is due to the different main() initialization of GCC 4.1.
>>
>> It may work when called from the application area. I only tried setting
>> the boot reset vector.
>>
>> Harald
>>
>> Thiago A. Corrêa schrieb:
>>>   So, anyway, if someone could check it out it would be great. I have
>>> attached a patch based on current CVS then I can commit it if it's
>>> reported to work.

believed to be clean.