[En-Nut-Discussion] SJA1000

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Aug 30 16:28:18 CEST 2007

Ole Reinhardt schrieb:
> In this context I would vote for a new device registration framework
> where you can pass the base address as well as the used interrupt and
> other parameters to make the device code working better for different
> platforms.

The disadvantage is, that the compiler will create larger and slower
code. Specifically the powerful AVR bit set and bit clear instructions
can be used with constant port addresses only. Thus, I'd suggest to
support both methods:
1. Compile time configurable addresses for creating optimum code.
2. Run time configurable addresses for creating more flexible code.