[En-Nut-Discussion] flashing programm on Ethernut 3 doesn´t work

ml mludwig at adc-elektronik.de
Sun Dec 9 18:05:54 CET 2007

Thank you Michael,

i´used the newest source of openocd from svn  (i think the patch for CFI
from the openocd -forum is in the code. May be i´m wrong ?) . Since my last
problems with openocd i  use a self compiled version. With this i found the
problem with latency timer. With the new VMWare 6 which provides USB 2.0
i can set latency back to very small values and openocd works. But not the
flash programming.

It´s a bit crazy. With the D board openocd found the flash most of the time,
with the E Revision only sometimes. The same when debugging. The example
from your tutorial with insight starts every time correct.
With the E board it doesn´t. After downloading the code the LED on
turtelizer never stop´s  flashing.
After some tries, reload the code manually, reset the board etc. insight
starts debugging but at the assembler startup codes. when i step through, it
reaches the tutorial programm and i can debug  very stable without any
problem. The only difference between the boards is that  the E board
contains a small ROM programm by myself. Sometimes it looks like start of
debugger depends on the things  the board was doing just before. How can it
be ? Because of the problems in the past with openocd and Ethernut 3 i think
there are time critical things in jtag debugging.  I hope i found a
solution. In the next days i can build my own board (if i get the
programming adapter for the clock chip - i wait for cypress since august).
Then i can test if the main cpu clock makes a difference.

best regards
Martin