[En-Nut-Discussion] Time Functions

Jason Walton walton.jason at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 18:08:24 CET 2007

Hello Everyone,

I'm attempting to utilize the C-Library Time Handling Functions without
necessarily having access to a Time Server; the actual GMT time is
unimportant at this time. I'd like to be able to react to certain key times
after the board has been booted for an hour, day, or week and so on.  The 32
kHz Oscillator is on the board and I'm testing the timing functions to find
that they reflect zeros in all elements of the time structure.  I'm
following the ftpserv application as noted in the API under the timing
library explanations. I would have expected the system clock to come up on
boot-up and start counting from Jan 1, 1970 until it's updated via a Time
Server Call.  Is this not the case?  Are there some settings in the
Configurator that need to be set before the system clock will act properly?

Thanks,

Jason