[En-Nut-Discussion] function to write data into flash memory

Thomas Richter rict at teleconnect.de
Thu Feb 15 15:53:52 CET 2007

Hi Mustafa,

thanks for answer.

I have checked the avr-libc and the program space utilities yet. But all
functions in the lib only have functionality for reading from program
space.
In the EEPROM handling and Bootloader Support Utilities there are
reading and writing functions. I do not understand why the program space
utitities do not have writing functions.

My aim is to write data into flash.

Regards,
Thomas

Mustafa Yuecel schrieb:
> Hi Thomas
>
> avr-libc (the standard c library of Nut/OS) provides functions to access
> data stored in program space (flash memory):
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/group__avr__pgmspace.html
>
> Maybe this is a good starting point...
>
> If you search after a filesystem on the flash, have a look into nut/fs
> (uromfs??)...
>
> Best,
> Musti
>

> Thomas Richter wrote:
>> does anybody know a function of Nut/OS for writing data into flash
>> memory / program space?
>>
>> In the datasheet of the ATmega128 I found the description for
>> programming the flash. But I have no experiences with programming in
>> assembler.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Regards
>> Thomas

  Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Richter

  Teleconnect GmbH
  Am Lehmberg 54
  D-01157 Dresden

  Tel.     : +49 351 4236 218
  Fax      : +49 351 4236 209
  Mail     : rict at teleconnect.de
  Internet : http://www.teleconnect.de

  Handelsregister:   Dresden HRB 1040
  USt.-IdNr.:        DE140301522
  Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Gerald Nuernberger
                     Dr. Andreas Bluschke
                     Juergen Hofmann