[En-Nut-Discussion] UDP Server Problem

MUHAMMAD AZEEM AZAM muhammadazeemazam786 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 18:19:43 CET 2007

hi

  this means when i will call the
  ---------------------
  NutUdpReceiveFrom() function
  its parametrs
  addr will contain address of my client.
  and port will contain port of my client.
  --------------------------
  then i should use NutUdpSendTo() to send my data to the Port and addr that i have received in NutUdpReceiveFrom() function.
  I don't need to implicitly define the address and port.
  like that
  unsigned port = 400;
  unsigned ip = inet_addr("192.168.0.0");

  bye
Jose Vicente Sanchez Ortega <jvsanchezo at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi, MUHAMMAD:

1) UDP is not a stream-oriented protocol (actually is a datagram-oriented
protocol) thus you cannot link an UDP socket with a stream. You must call
the respective functions (i.e. NutUdpReceiveFrom).

2) Yes, you are right.

Bes regards,

Jose Vicente.