[En-Nut-Discussion] [Understand compilation process] avr-objcopy -R .eeprom

Rodrigue rodrigue.roland at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 20:40:16 CET 2007

Sorry but I didn't find anywhere the memory layout in Ethernut's software
manual. Howerver, there is a document about this subject on Ethernut's
website.
I read this article
http://winavr.scienceprog.com/avr-gcc-tutorial/save-constants-to-avr-eeprom-using-winavr.html
http://winavr.scienceprog.com/avr-gcc-tutorial/save-constants-to-avr-eeprom-using-winavr.html
I think that the internal Eeprom of the ATmega is not used because, the
keyword EEMEM isn't used in Nut/OS...
Maybe, that explained why the .eeprom section is removed with avr-objcopy?
Moreover, I read that during the "programmation" (makeburn), the internal
eeprom is not writted. It's was an article about Ponyprog and the AVR.