[En-Nut-Discussion] C++ compiling problem with virtual methods (aligment of 'x' is greater than maximum object file aligment)

Gervasio Varela gervarela at picandocodigo.com
Thu Feb 22 17:22:20 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm evaluating the option of using C++ in a program for an Ethernut v1
(Charon 2) and I having problems with the definition of virtual methods.
When I compile any class that has a virtual method, I get a warning of the
type "aligment of 'x' is greater than maximum object file aligment"

What is this?

The problem is that this warning stops the compilation process and I can't
get an hex file (I'm interested in known the size of the final executable).

Some ideas?

Thanks in advance.

PDT: Sorry for my english.