[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS under Linux

Gervasio Varela gervarela at picandocodigo.com
Sun Feb 25 18:47:13 CET 2007

Hello,

This is the third time that I try to get it running and get the same problem
again... :). I trying to compile an configure Nut/OS under Linux, because
I'm now using VMWare with windows only for compiling with ethernut and this
is a shame :P.

I'm using Fedora Core 6, I crosscompiled GCC for AVR, binutils, avr-libc,
etc. All of this seem to be working ok.

Then I download the source code of ethernut (v 4.2.1) and do (under the
directory of the sources)):

./configure --disable-html-docs --disable-nutconf-gui (I don't want the
graphical config utility because I get a compilation error with wxGTK).
./make install

To this point all seems to be well, I get nutconfigure and nutsetup, but
when I want to use nutconfigure I realize that I don't have the 'nut'
directory, even if the nutconfigure command could be run equals, when I try
to compile the build, I get an error that it can't found the Makefiles under
nut directorio.

With nutsetup, the problem is the same (the make under /lib directorios is
running well).

What I am doing wrong?

Best regards.