[En-Nut-Discussion] test cases for Nut/OS

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 17 09:42:12 CET 2007

Michael Gong schrieb:
> Is there a test suite existed for Nut/OS so that I could run it before
> and after any changes to Nut/OS, in order to make sure the change will
> not cause regression ?

Unfortunately not. I discussed this long time ago with Matthias Ringwald
and he suggested to create a testsuite, which will at least check all
kernel functions. No idea, whether the ETH Zurich has something done here.

IMHO, it won't be possible to test all functions. There are already too
many options, platforms and devices.

A new version should compile and link all samples. If httpserv and
ftpserv are working with this modified version, it is most unlikely that
something is broken.