[En-Nut-Discussion] sam7x problems, solutions and more problems

Nicolas Moreau ngbmoreau at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 23 07:08:32 CET 2007

Hi

After a couple days of messing around with the sam7x port I have found
some more problems.

1-the emac driver needs :
isr = inr(EMAC_ISR);

right after enabling the irq, otherwise we never see interrupts if you
have packets come in before the irq is enabled.

2-There is a serious packet loss problem, I'm trying to run some data
streaming and something is very wrong the EMAC_FRO (frames ok
)register matches what I am expecting but my application see's about
1/10 of the packets.

This comment is at the top of the file :

Revision 1.1  2006/08/31 18:58:47  haraldkipp
  * This had been tested on the SAM9260, but loses Ethernet packets
 * for a yet unknown reason.

Looking at the code I can't see anything really wrong with it but some
parts look strange and I'd be be happy to work with Harald or anyone
else to try and clear things up.

Nic