[En-Nut-Discussion] Version of apploader in ethernut 2.1b and "continuous" appload issue

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sat Jul 28 20:03:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Watchdog is off. And if there was a stack overflow, it would be in the
> appload code, so I would expect more people to see it?

I'm currently working on eboot for a Mega2561 project. There I found
another problem when using a tftp server on linux.

>From time to time linux trys to refresh the arp table. During this time
no more tftp packets can be send. So Linux sends an arp request packet
but does not get a response. Instead NutOS tries to resend the tftp ack
again and again. After three retries the tftp code fails with an error.
This results in a partly flashed application, what easily can result in
continous rebooting.

I wrote a correct arp response function. No it works quite fine. Appload
usese nearly the same code, so you perhaps you'r stuck in the same
problem. Have you thought about using etherreal / wireshark to debug
your problem?

I will checkin the new eboot code tomorrow, if you like I can send you a
copy as well.

best regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |