[En-Nut-Discussion] Does porting to ATMega644 makes sense?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Tue Jun 5 12:11:09 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I just got a nice little AVR Board with a microchip SPI Ethernet
Controller.

http://www.lochraster.org/etherrape/

I'm thinking about porting NutOS to this device. Does anybody knows
about the real life memory footprint of different NutOS components? As
the used ATMega644 does not support any external memory NutOS is limited
to the internal 4K of SRAM. Flash is plenty enough for small
applications (64K).

So I would try to do the job if it makes sense. I have plenty experience
on the mega128 platform, but not that much with those limited devices.
At least it should be possible to run the network stack, http deamon and
some little applications.

I'm looking forward to you comments.

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts GbR             Tel:   +49-271-771091-14
Inh. Faerber & Kirchner         Fax:   +49-271-771091-19