[En-Nut-Discussion] compiling error : undefined symbol '_cmemcpy'

Rodrigo Garbi rodri.garbi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 18:37:47 CEST 2007

Hi!

I am trying to successfully compile any NUT/0S 4.2.1 sample project with
iccAVR v6.3 but I am always getting some kind of compiling error.

I tried to compile INETQ project and I have got the following message from
iccAVR v6.3:

C:\icc63\bin\imakew -f inetq.mak
iccavr -c -IC:\ethernut\build-mmnet01-icc\include -IC:\ethernut\nut\include
-IC:\icc63\include -e -DETHERNUT1 -D_MCU_enhanced -D__HARVARD_ARCH__
-DATMEGA -l -g -Mavr_enhanced C:\ethernut\app-mmnet01-icc\inetq\inetq.c
iccavr -o inetq -LC:\icc63\lib -g -ucrtatmega.o
-bfunc_lit:0x8c.0x20000-dram_end:0x10ff -bdata:
0x100.0x10ff -dhwstk_size:16 -beeprom:1.4096 -fihx_coff
C:\icc63\lib\nutinit.o -S2 @inetq.lk -lnutpro -lnutfs -lnutnet -lnutos
-lnutdev -lnutcrt -lnutarch -lcatmega
!ERROR file 'tcpsock.o': undefined symbol '_cmemcpy'
C:\icc63\bin\imakew.exe: Error code 1
Done: there are error(s). Exit code: 1

Can you help me??

At first, when using NUT/OS Configurator, I was getting some Warning
message:
vfscanf_P.c(82) [warning]: Calling function without prototype may cause
error

So I noticed that the problem was with memcpy_P function.
I have also found out that in iccavr7 STRING.h header there is a line: void
*cmemcpy(void *, const void *, size_t);
that wasn`t in  iccavr63 STRING.h header, so I add that line to this header
and NUT/OS configurator
stopped showing those warning messages when building libraries and directories.

Well, I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Garbi, Rodrigo

PD: For those asking themselves why don´t I compile the project with
iccAVR7, the answer is that this version is DEMO while iccAVR63 in my PC is
full.