[En-Nut-Discussion] Using the user LED (ULED) on the Ethernut3

Douglas Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Thu Mar 22 00:00:11 CET 2007

   I have a puzzling problem, I am using Nut/OS 4.3.1, the latest
version of Yagarto, Eclipse 3.2.

   I use #include <dev/npluled.h> in my C file and it compiles fine,
BUT the linker returns:

   arm-elf-gcc  ./src/vertigocontroller.o -mcpu=arm7tdmi -nostartfiles
-TC:/ethernut-4.3.1/nut/arch/arm/ldscripts/at91_ram.ld
-Wl,-Map=vertigocontroller.map,--cref,--no-warn-mismatch
-LC:/ethernut-4.3.1/nutbld-armgcc/lib
C:/ethernut-4.3.1/nutbld-armgcc/lib/nutinit.o -Wl,--start-group
-lnutpro -lnutos -lnutarch -lnutdev -lnutnet -lnutfs -lnutcrt
-Wl,--end-group  -o vertigocontroller.elf
./src/vertigocontroller.o: In function `main':
src/vertigocontroller.c:783: undefined reference to `NplUledCntl'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [vertigocontroller.elf] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

   Hmm, I checked my nutbld directories and there is no npluled.o
file, I then checked the configurator and I can find not reference to
ULED, so I assume that the npluled.c file should have been compiled
(like all the other files from nut/dev) into my nutbld-armgcc/dev
directory.

   I note that npl.o and nplmmc.o are in my nutbld-armgcc/dev
directory, I then checked the makefile in nut/dev and npluled.c is not
listed, is this an omission or am I missing something?

Cheers Douglas.