[En-Nut-Discussion] Data acqisition from flash instead of externalfile

Lorenzo Verniani lorenzoverniani at gmail.com
Thu May 3 18:20:26 CEST 2007

Hi Ernst!
I'm sorry for my incomplete exposition of the problem.
I'll fully explain what I've to do.

I'm working for a porting of Forth Lse64 to 2.1b ethernut board.
Forth Lse64 is written to run on a normal pc, and i had to rearrange sources
for avr architecture.
The last (perhaps) problem I've to solve is:
Lse64 needs to read a file(boot.lse) that's forth written to expand its
words and definition; that operation is necessary and I can't skip it
anyway.
On a normal pc that doesn't get trouble.
I thought to include that file (boot.lse) in a array of strings. By this way
it's all ok,but I'd like not include boot.lse in c sources,I'd like to write
it in a sector of non-volatile memory so as to give final user the choice of
using his own boot.lse (eventually customized by his forth program).

At all, I'd like to know a way to write (and read) a portion of non-volatile
memory.
If yes, I'll make memory be written by main program trough uart connection
on demand of user

Thank you again for your coperation

                       Lorenzo Verniani