[En-Nut-Discussion] Data acqisition from flash instead of externalfile

Ernst Stippl ernst at stippl.org
Sat May 5 08:56:50 CEST 2007

Hi Lorenzo!

The Ethernut 2.1b board contains a Dataflash chip (IC13). I have not worked
with it, but this could provide enough capacity to store the "boot.lse"
information.
Please have a look into the Ethernut html doc under "modules" way down at
"special hardware" and "SPI Flash devices"
There is a disclaimer that "These routines are poorly supported and may not
work as expected."
But maybe they do for you.

If you want to write into the atmega128's own flash memory, this can only be
done when acting as a "boot loader" in AVR terms. I would not think this a
the way to go for the project you describe.

regards
ernst