[En-Nut-Discussion] ATMega128L - ATMega2561 Port

Jared Broad jared.broad at infact.co.nz
Mon May 7 01:28:01 CEST 2007

Hello All,

We have hit a code space wall with the ATMega128 and are seeking to migrate to the ATMega2561. We are using NutOS and use the UARTS.

After doing some brief research the majority of the work seems like a relatively easy process, but I have some concerns with a known UART bug in NutOS and ATMega2561.

"app/uart - Probably the USARTs in the ATmega2561 requires a different handling."

* Has any dealt with this bug?
* Are there any other issues I should know about before commencing the port?
* Your experiences with WinAVR + NutOS + ATMega2561 ?

Thanks for your help, I would really appreciate a surmise of your experiences so we can be fully aware of potential issues.

Regards,

Jared Broad
Embedded Design Engineer

P.O.Box 27-017