[En-Nut-Discussion] Time Calculation for TCP Data Transfer (want to reduce response time)

MUHAMMAD AZEEM AZAM muhammadazeemazam786 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 15:16:17 CEST 2007

Hi
  I have a client on PC and TCP Server on AVR Microcontroler (using Charon-2 Board).
  I want to calculate the time for 128 Bytes to send.

  1) i have used NutGetMillis(), NutGetTickCount().
      I have called NutGetMillis() before sending 128 Bytes and after "fwrite", i again called      NutGetMillis() to reterive the value. The value i got before sending the data is same as after sending the data. After some time when i keep sending and receiving there comes a difference of 1ms. This thing is from microcontroller side (ie time for microcontroller to send 128 Bytes of data)

  2) Now i have used oscilloscop to measure the time.
      The time to send the command from PC and the reaction of microcontroller(to send 128 Bytes) is taking 50ms.

  3) if i am using for loop on pc side to send and receive data 5 or more times than
      "time to next transfer is 400ms".

  The problem is that i want short response times. how is that achievable.
  If any one need source code i can post it as well.

  Thanks
  Bye