[En-Nut-Discussion] ethernut on display3000 board

Philipp Brüll phil at outofsync.de
Tue May 15 19:34:05 CEST 2007

Ole Reinhardt schrieb:
> Hello,
>
>> There is a 16Mhz xtal connect to the chip. but this shouldn't be a
>> problem, because during the configuration I set NUT_CPU_FREQ to 16000000
>> and I'm not using the usart or anything else related to a baud rate.
>> anyway - thanks for the idea
>
> Does the board has / supports external memory? NutOS normaly needs about
> 32K of ram (depending on what you do). If you don't have any RAM
> extension you can still run NutOS but need to configure the build
> process appropriate and you have very limited possebilities.
>
> Bye,
>
> Ole Reinhardt

Hmmmm.... that's interesting! My board doesn't have any external memory.
It's just an atmega128 connected to a display and a couple of buttons.
But I don't have big plans with it. No ethernet, maybe multi-threading
and two serial usart connections.
Is there maybe an howto, that describes how I can configure nutos to use
just internal ram. And what are exactly the limitation?

Bye, and thanks a lot for the hint
Philipp Bruell