[En-Nut-Discussion] Feature Request #1667498 QUERY_STRING in SSI

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Tue May 22 13:09:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

> > My knowledge of all this HTTP stuff is quite limited. Can someone with
> > more experience please check, if
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1667498&group_id=34079
> >
> > makes sense?
>
> The idea very much makes sense, but the implementation is a hack -- it
> makes it impossible to pass a query string literally saying
> "QUERY_STRING", or call a CGI script with that string anywhere in its
> name, and is incompatible with real SSI.

I've done the SSI implementation. My intention was to add some dynamic
code to a webpage without creating the whole page dynamicaly and to save
filesystem size. In other words one could include a HTML template into a
webpage and one could call a CGI that will generate some dynamic code.

The whole thing is a hack. But it would make much sense to pass the
request parameters down to the CGI.

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts GbR             Tel:   +49-271-771091-14
Inh. Faerber & Kirchner         Fax:   +49-271-771091-19