[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS configurator

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sat Oct 6 02:20:41 CEST 2007

Hi all,

sorry to say, but running NutOS configurator on linux is a mess.
Sometimes it partly does what it's mentfor, most times it does not.

Here are my current problems:

- On my platform currently no selections are shown at all, the tree is
  completely empty.
- Path settings are forgotten always and the configurator never finds
  it's repository.nut. Whatever I do it won't find the right path, even
  if I reconfigure it correctly.
- On luky days it works a little bit better. In this case I "only" have
  to load the configuration twice to see all options and be able to
  generate the build tree.

Does anyone have better experiences on the linux platform?

I don't understand whet the problem might be. Is it a lua problem? A
wxwidgets problem? For me it's quite unusable. The commandline options
is not far what I need as I have to change options from time to time.

My platform:

debian/unstable
wxwidgets 2.6
lua5

As I have these problems from the day the configurator was born on, I'm
thinking about a better solution.

What's about using a good working tool like kconfig? It's available on
every platform NutOS can be build on, has several frontends (text based,
gui, etc...) and in fact does the same like the configurator. It's even
more simple to add new options then in nutconf.

I know, I just asked this question some time ago but would like to
discuss this again.

Sorry for my bad optinion about nutconf, but I never made it working ok
on the linux platform.

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |