[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS configurator

Henrik Maier hmlists at focus-sw.com
Mon Oct 15 02:34:51 CEST 2007

kconfig is console based, isn't it?

Despite being just a configurator, I believe there is another aspect of
nutconf:

It visually presents Nut/OS' structure, modularity and capabilities very
well. A user can quickly browse through the configuration tree and see what
capabilities are available with a few mouse clicks. Good in particular
because a lot of these features and configuration options are not documented
anywhere else.

It is also very nice to demonstrate the powerful architecture and
capabilities of Nut/OS to a potential new user in a visually pleasing way.

I doubt that a console based tool would have the same impact on a
potentially new user in order to evaluate whether to go with Nut/OS or
another solution.

Henrik