[En-Nut-Discussion] building the ATMEL AT91SAM7S-EK kit for ethernut os v4.4.0

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Fri Oct 26 10:22:57 CEST 2007

Hello,

> And I copy file by file from the ethernut.cvs.sourceforge.net to the nut
> os directory v4.4.0 files jonger than 2 weeks (I don't know of ther are
> a better way to do it)

Just checkout a new working copy from CVS. You won't need to copy them
over your existing tree.

> And I have a error see log file (ther no memory card on the kit maby
> disable the function , how?)

If you want to disable mmc you could do so in the NutOs configurator

Architecture/Arm/AT91_SPI_MMC_ACCESS

> Have somebody some solutions to fix it?

Yes. I looked into arch/arm/at91_spimmc.c and found the reason:

Line 90:

#else   /* MCU_AT91SAM7X256 */
#warning "MMC SPI mode not supported on this MCU"
#endif

Sorry, I do not own a sam7S board, so I can not fix it on my own. But it
should be quite simple. Simply copy the configuration for AT91SAM7X256 a
few lines above. They are

#ifndef MMC_CS_BIT
#define MMC_CS_BIT      SPI0_NPCS1_PA13A
#endif
#define MMC_DATAOUT_BIT SPI0_MISO_PA16A
#define MMC_DATAIN_BIT  SPI0_MOSI_PA17A
#define MMC_CLK_BIT     SPI0_SPCK_PA18A

and modify for your your needs. You will find the correct pins in the
SAM7S datasheet.

If you got it working please send me a patch so I could add it to the
mainline sources.

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |