[En-Nut-Discussion] AVR32

Edwin van den Oetelaar edwin at oetelaar.com
Wed Sep 12 14:21:23 CEST 2007

Hermann Schulz wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> has anybody advised to tranlate the ethernut to the AVR32 Family?
> I found a NGW100 with two 100MBit Ethernet Interfaces.
> 16MBYTE Flash and 32MByte RAM USB and MMC Card Interface.
> You can debug with the JTAG MKII and the AVR32Studio,
> this board cost 55 EUR.
>
> Best regards
> Hermann
>
> E-Mail : hs at ehse.de www.ehse.de
I bought the board and thought about it too. But why would you do it ?
It runs a complete 2.6 linux out of the box with full network support
and everything that comes with it. It has support for the multiple NIC, MMC, USB
without having to re-invent it. Porting applications (posix) to it is "almost trivial".
What would be the benefit of running NutOS? Is the license a problem?
Best regards,
Edwin van den Oetelaar