[En-Nut-Discussion] RE : Re: AVR32

WEHBI Rami r_wehbi at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 12 18:24:50 CEST 2007

Hello!
     The  Ethernut application is already ported to UC3, it is in the data base of ATMEL, I guess they have Royalties problem that is why it is not officialy online.

  Regards,
  Rami

Don Ingram <don at led.com.au> a écrit :

>> has anybody advised to tranlate the ethernut to the AVR32 Family?
>> I found a NGW100 with two 100MBit Ethernet Interfaces.
>> 16MBYTE Flash and 32MByte RAM USB and MMC Card Interface.
>> You can debug with the JTAG MKII and the AVR32Studio,
>> this board cost 55 EUR.

>> E-Mail : hs at ehse.de www.ehse.de
> I bought the board and thought about it too. But why would you do it ?
> It runs a complete 2.6 linux out of the box with full network support
> and everything that comes with it. It has support for the multiple NIC, MMC, USB
> without having to re-invent it. Porting applications (posix) to it is "almost trivial".
> What would be the benefit of running NutOS? Is the license a problem?
> Best regards,
> Edwin van den Oetelaar

Similarly I picked up a few & the tux solution is compelling for the NGW100.

The UC32, like the SAM7X, however would make a nice replacement for the Mega128
in the NUT OS area.

The UC32 looks like a far cleaner solution than the ARM7 architecture, although
there is no shortage of sample code for the ARM. The GCC / AVR studio / JTAG II
solution makes for a neat low cost development system for the UC32.

--
Cheers

Don