[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with missing TCP Zerowindow / ACK

Jesper Hansen jesper at redegg.net
Sat Sep 15 11:10:49 CEST 2007

Problem solved.

I had visually verified my code against the ARM version of the AX88796
driver, and in NicInterrupt, NutEventPostAsync is used to wake up the
nic thread.

This does NOT work on my AVR board.

I changed to NutEventPostFromIrq and it worked perfectly. (This is also
how it's done in the RTL driver, God knows how and when that came to be
a NutPostAsync).

But I noted a peculiarity when playing around with the AX88796.
I'm using it in ISA mode, and the datasheet says interrupts are then
active high.

 From the DS : "Interrupt Request : When ISA BUS or 80186 CPU mode is
select. IREQ is asserted high to indicate the host system that the
chiprequires host software service."

Well, not on my devices! I have several boards and they're all having an
active low interrupt, so it's not just a bad chip.
Anyone else observing the same ?

/Jesper