[En-Nut-Discussion] problems after upgrade nut Version

frbtl111 at gmx.net frbtl111 at gmx.net
Sat Apr 5 16:32:10 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I have a problem after upgrading my system from ver3 to 421 (also tried 440 --> same behavior).

System:
atmega128, working together with measure-device via DP-ram, there are 2 threads to handle communication in/out
winavr, gnu-compiler 3.4.6, avarice 2.4 (newer Compiler has no effect)

Problem:
with 421 it doesn't work longer than a few seconds. At this point the program crashes totally in various ways. It is not predictable at all.

I've seen a small change in behaviour of the threads. With version 3 they are working in a fixed timing, with version 4 it seems more jittering, but the order is still identical.
The comm. over DP-ram is working fine without any complications.
I couldn't find any memory leakage. There's enough mem available, but sometimes it decreases close to 0 abruptly without doing anything.
Also checked stack-ptrs. They are not overwriting deadbeef.

Hope somebody has an idea?

Chris