[En-Nut-Discussion] problem Quick start with ICCAVR

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Apr 16 20:01:05 CEST 2008

Harald Kipp wrote:

> Bad news about ICCAVR V6. We failed to get this running concurrently
> with V7. I have to sort this out with Richard, which may take some time.
> I'll first concentrate on V7.16 and come back to you.

This turned out to become real work. After all, Richard finally gave up
his "special way" of using the const keyword, which I highly appreciate.
I remember several discussions with him about this topic.

Unfortunately this provides new problems. I'd prefer to get rid of the
CONST macro and use the const keyword in the standard way, but that
would disable v6 support.

Anyway, I had been able to to compile the whole stuff with v7 and
hopefully kept v6 compatibility (which still needs verification). The
changes will be committed to CVS HEAD and will hopefully not break
existing code. Note, that I got it compiled on all platforms but didn't
run any code yet. Be careful when checking out CVS HEAD.