[En-Nut-Discussion] problem quick start iccavr

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Apr 18 09:51:41 CEST 2008

lieven.broucke at kahosl.be wrote:

> thanks again for your effort, since version6 will no longer be supported, I tried the whole thing in ICCAVR v7.16a demoversion.

Perfectly asynchronous, because I just tested it with v6.30. ;-)

It works with this one as well. I'm wondering about your v6 problem with
ahdlc, because it didn't cause any problems here and the file is quite old.

Anyway, I tested with Nut/OS 4.5.4. This will also fix

> !E C:/ethernut-4.4.1/nut/dev/chat.c(686): type error in argument 1 to `cstrlen'; found `pointer to const char' expected `pointer to __flash char'
> !E C:/ethernut-4.4.1/nut/dev/chat.c(687): type error in argument 2 to `cstrcpy'; found `pointer to const char' expected `pointer to __flash char'

and a few more. The recent change of ICCAVR was indeed hard to crack.

I hope I will be able to get 4.5.4 ready for download today. I don't
like to apply the same fixes to 4.4 until I'm very sure that it won't
break something else. In any case I'll test 4.4.1 with ICC v6 later and
let you know the result.