[En-Nut-Discussion] WinAVR-20080411

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at etech.cz
Fri Apr 25 00:11:57 CEST 2008

Hi Ernst,

this is one thing. But when we try to run e.g. RS232D test
application, it does not work.
That's why I am asking if someone tried the new compiler.
GCC guys added some more optimizations and are coping against problems.
Probably push/pop ones. See
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=62983

Dusan

At 12:00 24.4.2008, en-nut-discussion-request at egnite.de wrote:
>From: "Ernst Stippl" <ernst at stippl.org>
>
>Hi!
>
>A quick look into winavr_20080411 yielded:
>
>an error message during the compilation of wlandrv.c saying
>
>"Wlandrv.c:1005: error: array subscript is above array bounds"
>
>Goggling with "gcc 4.3.3 array subscript is above array bounds"
>
>had a hit on:
>
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/changes.html : down the page it says:
>
>-Warray-bounds has been added and is now enabled by default for -Wall . It
>produces warnings for array subscripts that can be determined at compile
>time to be always out of bounds. -Wno-array-bounds will disable the warning.
>

>Line 1005 in wlandrv.c is a "memcpy" function call. Maybe the definitions of
>the call parameters in line 872/873 have to do with the error.
>

>Regards
>Ernst

Dusan